Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / In Portal Question / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In Portal Question (49)

Posted: 08/08/2003 1:33:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

My Vote In-Portal.

In-link does what is does very well. What I need is to expand that functionality to a portal.
-Ripbud

Posted: 08/08/2003 5:15:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hey Everyone! & Pavel!

I would would prefer a major step forward not a minor one.

In-link in itself as Yahoo style directory software is great and thats why I have stuck with it up until now.

However like some others here I am now looking for more than just directory software so that the web site becomes more interactive.

For me it would be great that this comes altogether from one source instead of having to try and use software from different sources.

Others here have raised many issues and one main one especially for Inlink is the SE Optimisation.

So, in essence I am happy to see what In-Portal brings along but as the many have stated it is now come down to how much longer one has to wait to see the product.

Not asking for a definate release date but how far are you guys along the road. If you do not want to post an update on a public forum then send us a private email telling us.

Just my thoughts

Posted: 08/08/2003 6:16:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Pavel!

Charpress & myslef and Dmitry are covering the SE issue under the discussion forum. In that discussion it was covered about using just cookies only in the configuration.

Out of this I have found this - I am running 2.2.10 in the background in it basic form.

Added cat/sub/link and though Inlink sees it is there it does not show in the Frontend. Try to delete the link and it comes up with DB error and Yes/No submit buttons.

This brings me to my point :smile:

This appears to be because I am using PostgreSQL as the DB backend. SO it appears 2.2.10 has some issues with PostgreSQL, therefore has Inportal been tested using PostgreSQL as its backend.

Last thing I would want is to install In-Portal and find these sorts of issues.

Posted: 08/08/2003 9:43:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian Conza on 2003-08-10 21:44 ]</font>

Posted: 08/09/2003 11:15:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I think a major change to In-Link we would like to see that should be fairly easy to add (espcecially since this is supposed to be a feature of In-Portal) is the ability to choose between static and dynamic pages.

That would be an upgrade to In-Link worth getting.

Posted: 08/10/2003 9:35:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

One of the features inlink really lack is the following:

1- The ability to distinguish between new links and modified links. (currently you cannot tell if the link is new or this is a modify request)

2- Have the category path issue fixed. Currently, you have to do extra customization to have category path show in search result pages, new link pages and any other page beside the sub pages.

3) The user database. Now there is only one user database so there is no way to know if this is a webmaster who submitted a site or just a regular user. Also, if you choose not to require user registration when submitting new link. You cannot collect submitter name and email (unless if you used the custom fileds) and you cannot send a notification email of approval or rejection.

4) Ability to customize each category. I know this is available now, but it is very limited. And you cannot customize the link appearance in each category without more customization.

5) Static Pages. This feature has been requested so many times that I don't understand why it is not there yet.

6) Better search engine.

Posted: 08/10/2003 11:11:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

"Better search engine"

Yes, the search enginge is kind of primitive. As far as I can tell, you can't even search on phrases by using quote marks.

Posted: 08/10/2003 11:16:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Better search engine

Posted: 08/10/2003 5:41:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Assuming a minor update means primarily bug fixes and not any new functionality, I vote to not divert resources to an In-Link update.

s~

Posted: 08/10/2003 9:25:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

"Better Search Engine"....

I guess this is the most important one. I am not interested in in-portal at all... I am looking for improvement on inlink itself but Intechnic got lost in in-portal...

Oh well... Good luck to all of us... I hope they are going to improve inlink in in-portal. Not a make up, real things...

Media

Page:     1 2 3 4 5